Thinking about the responsibilities of Party members in Party building
In the Testament of President Ho Chi Minh and in the Party’s Charter, the Party is stated as the “ruling Party”. As a ruling Party, it faces many risks, of which the two biggest risks was pointed out by President Ho Chi Minh as wrong orientation and the deterioration of cadres and Party members.
Therefore, the role of Party building work is of great significance and need to be promoted and enhanced. To build the Party is also the main duty of each Party member.
To build the Party and the Government and to prevent and reverse deterioration of political ideas, ethics, lifestyle, ‘self-evolving’ , ‘self-transformation’ expression within the Party are essential to maintain the Party's growth and development in the new era of international integration. This is also stressed at the 4th Central Conference (Session XII): "It is only a very short, unexpected step from deterioration in political stance, morality, lifestyle to self-evolution, self-transformation, which potentially leads to them abetting or colluding with hostile forces to fight against the revolutionary ideals and cause of the Party and nation”.
Party building work is constantly increasing the Party's combat and leadership capacity, making a strong and pure Party, developing in both quantity and quality.
In order to do well in Party building, each Party member needs to:
- Constantly improve political bravery, intellectual level, not to be panic, fluctuating or skeptical in the path that the Party and Uncle Ho have chosen for us to follow however difficult and complicated situation we are in; Always be consistent with the Party's reform path, resolutely fight against dogmatic, conservative, stagnant or subjective, hasty and unscrupulous tendencies; fully be imbued with revolutionary morality, be truly industrious, thriftiness, transparency and integrity, fair, impartial and have pure revolutionary morality.
- Always be pioneer, exemplary, seriously complying with the regulations on prohibited practices of party members; comply with the laws of the State, keep a cultural lifestyle, listen to the people's opinions and aspirations; then actively propagate and mobilize people to actively implement the Party's guidelines and the State's laws.
- Always be proactive and active in learning and follow the ideology, morality and style of President Ho Chi Minh; consider Marxism-Leninism and Ho Chi Minh's thoughts as guideline for our actions; together propagate and learn from exemplary people and good deeds so that the good deeds will be increasingly replicated, creating a democratic and civilized society.
- Always self-train revolutionary virtues and morals, tackle the individualism, opportunism and pragmatism; be sticked to the goals of "Building a clean, mighty party in politics, ideology, organization and ethics”; fight against corruption, wastefulness; prevent "group interest", exclusive rights and special profit.
- Always be bold and proactive in self-criticism and criticism; when witnessing any violations or wrong manifestations, the Party member should report their opinions directly or in writing or question within the scope of activities of the Party's grassroots organizations.
- Actively participate in the mass mobilization work in order to strengthen the close relationship between the Party and the people, and convince the people to strictly abide by the Party's resolutions and the laws of the State; Always respect, listen and comprehend the opinions of the mass when they give suggestions to Party members, Party grassroots organizations, because the intelligence of the people is limitless, from which each party member can educate and practise his/her revolutionary qualities and morality to perfect themselves, contributing to the cleanness of our Party, making the Party be trusted and supported by the people.
- Always care for the young people and colleagues, discover outstanding ones, fostering and assist them to be admited to the Party, contributing to the the Party developing work. In his Testament, Uncle Ho wrote: “Our youth union members and young people are generally good, willing to be the pioneer, not afraid of difficulties and having the will to rise. The Party needs to take care of educating them on revolutionary morality, training them to be the moral and specialized heirs who will build socialism for our country. Fostering a revolutionary force for the next generation is very important and very necessary”.
|Delegates at the second Global Young Vietnamese Intellectual Forum 2019 in Ha Noi.|
- Actively research and contribute ideas and opinions to the activity of the Party to make it effective and methodical, contributing to promoting, facilitating, and encouraging other Party members to participate in the Party building work. Each Party organization needs to outline a specific monthly, quarterly and annual program of activities, timely assess and review the achievements and shortcomings that need to be overcome, as well as propose timely and effective solutions for each party member and the Party organization as a whole. In addition, it is also importan to do the assessment, inspection, supervision, felicitation and punishment for each Party member and Party organization in a fair and objective manner. It requires each Party member to actively consult their leaders at all levels of the Party in order to constantly improve operational programs.
- The Party members who are intellectuals working in the fields of technology, especially high technology in state agencies, research institutes, domestic and foreign universities, as well as in foreign companies need to be well aware of their roles and responsibilities, and at the same time encourage their colleagues to acquire and develope technologies applicable for the country's economic production and development. Technologies transferred from abroad are often very expensive or outdated, therefor so it is very important to study and take advantage of those technologies in economic development. Another part of Party building is to mobilize, foster the intellectuals and put them into the ranks of the Party. It will make our Party become a converging center of cultural and intellectual quintessence of the nation and the people, always taking the lead in all fields, thereby, improving the Party's combat and leadership capacity and retaining the absolute confidence devoted by the people in our Party.
TGVN. Leaving from the land of Sin Thau (Muong Nhe district, Dien Bien province) full of difficulties, soon to be admitted into the Party, Po ...
TGVN. Cultural achievements during Viet Nam's renovation period have had positive impacts on the Vietnamese's social lives and resulted in unparalleled achievements.
TGVN. "As a leader facing an assignment, no matter how hard it is, you will volunteer to go forward first, and do it first". That ...